Trinity Women Graduates is an association open to all female graduates of Trinity College Dublin and also to female graduates of other recognised universities who live in Ireland. Originally founded as Dublin University Women Graduates Association as on 25th April 1922, its held its inaugural meeting in Trinity week that year.
The association’s aim is to keep women graduates in touch with the university and with each other.
Following its foundation in 1922, it was given rooms in Number 6 where members met weekly for tea, organised special lectures, and published a newsletter.
In 2016 the association passed a unanimous vote to change its name to Trinity Women Graduates (TWG).
What we do
- Organise a varied programme of cultural events, social gatherings and outings for members
- Organise lectures with guest speakers during the year
- Support the Trinity Access Programme (TAP) with an annual bursary
- Operate a Bursary Fund which provides a small grant to a number of women graduates suffering financial hardship.
- Lobby and debate on issues of importance:
- TWG is a member of National Women’s Council of Ireland (NWCI)
- A member of Graduate Women International (GWI)
- TWG organises a national public speaking competition for girls under 15
Members of TWG are also part of a global network of women graduates – Irish Federation of Women graduates (IrFUW), Graduate Women International (GWI) and University Women of Europe (UWE). Representatives of TWG attend international meetings as voting delegates.
For further information on TWG please contact us at email@example.com
2018 TWG Committee
President: Grace O’Malley
Vice-President: Angie Mezzetti
Honorary Secretary: Laura Fryday
Treasurer: Patricia Golden
Deirdre Ahern ( ex officio)
Lunchtime Theatre & Public Speaking Coordinator: Madeline Nesbitt