- You cannot add "Sold Out Dinner IrFUW Annual Conference Friday 18th October" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Out of stock
‘Summer Gathering’ at Airfield
Saturday 13th July 2019
Bring your classmates, your sister, your friend, your mother or your favourite niece. It is going to be a fabulous Summer Gathering Day out at Airfield a rural oasis, complete with a working farm, in the South Dublin suburb of Dundrum.
As part of our ‘Summer Gathering’ experience you will be able to enjoy the beautiful house, landscape gardens, visit the 38-acre farm and learn about the rich historic and contemporary architecture of the estate in the company of Architect and TWG Committee member Dr. Sandra O’Connell. You will also be able to explore Airfield House and learn about its previous owners, sisters Letitia and Naomi Overend. The house features an interactive tour and exhibition which brings visitors closer to this admired Dublin family. Here you’ll view family photographs, letters, original clothing and display cases with information on their prize-winning Jersey herd, vintage cars and their much loved Victorian toys and books. Airfield Estate is a charitable organisation established by the Overend Family in 1974 for educational and recreational purposes.
The cost of TWG Summer Gathering includes the tour, sumptuous organic lunch and a ticket to Airfield at a later date is €55 per person.
Included in the lunch are:
- Three course organic lunch and including a glass of wine!
- Free Entry to Airfield House and Estate
- Complimentary guided tour of Airfield House
- Architecture Walk of Airfield Estate
- Complimentary ticket for a future visit